If you’d like to know how to find and download a Google Docs cover letter template, follow these simple step-by-step instructions.
A Guide on How to Find and Download Google Docs Cover Letter Templates
Step 1: Set Google Drive Display Language to English
Before proceeding, be sure to set your Google Drive display language to English to ensure you get the correct language for your Google Docs cover letter template. Go to “My Account” and select “Account Preferences.” Find and select “Language and Input Tools” and click “Select Language”. Select “Edit” and select “English” from the drop down menu.
Step 2: Log In to Your Account
Log in to your account. If you’re not signed in, you won’t be able to access the Google app or the Google menu. Please visit gmail.com and log in to your account. Once you see your profile icon in the top right corner of your browser, you’ll know that you’re signed in.
Step 3: Go to Google Apps and Select Docs
To access Google Docs, you’ll need to go to the Google app and click the icon with a small square in the top right corner of the screen. Find and select “Documents” from the drop-down menu.
Step 4: Go to Gallery and Look for “Letters”
After you go to the “Documents” page, go to the “Template Gallery” and scroll down to “Letters”. Choose from the available Google Docs cover template options and you can start editing it.
What is the use of this, each editable template has a corresponding resume template? With Google Docs, this makes your work easier and faster.
Step 5: Choose a Google Docs Cover Letter Template
Although you are free to choose a template under Gallery, it is best to choose a template that you are most familiar with.
- If you want a simple, complex cover letter format, you can choose the Spearmint template because you can use it nicely with its elegant soft graphics, modern typography and white space.
- For a more eye-catching and more avant-garde design, please Select the Studio Teti template. The frame around your name can easily attract the attention of the reader, and the contact icon adds a modern touch.
- If you want a more professional theme, you can choose UpResume’s Mercurytemplate. It has three parts that combine simple graphics, colors and fonts. Business templates are another option because it adds a touch of color to a more modern style.
Step 5: Make a Copy of the Google Docs Cover Letter Template
You can make a copy of the template for editing on the drive. Just go to “File” in the top left corner of the page and select “Make a copy.” Rename the document to your name and save it to “My Drive.”
Step 6: Set up Your Cover Letter
When setting up or editing your cover letter, think about its purpose. Is it for a job application, for prospecting, or for networking?.
- If it’s an application letter, the parts of the letter should include contact information, a greeting, opening, body, and closing
- A prospecting letter is the same for the most part, and the only difference is how you phrase your opening statement, as you’re looking for any available position that suits your qualifications.
- The networking letter is different from the other two, although it still contains the same parts. In this type of letter, you will be searching for potential business referrals or recommendations.
Step 7: Use the Google Docs Cover Letter Template as Your Guide
The purpose of writing a cover letter is to make your achievements and personal skills shine. You can make a draft of the achievement first and then organize it using an editable cover letter template. Do not copy the contents of each part of the template verbatim. Identify the parts that make more sense to you and the purpose of your letter.
Step 8: Download the Google Docs Cover Letter Template
Once you’ve completed the content of your Google cover letter, you can download it. Go to “File” in the top left corner of the screen and select “Download as”. From there, you will get a drop-down list of the file types you wish to download the template from. The safest option might be the Microsoft Word format, so you can still make revisions when you miss something.
If you decide to download it as a PDF file, you can follow the same steps to download and select the PDF document. You can also convert a copy of Word to PDF by going to “File” and selecting “Save & Send” and then “Create PDF / XPS Document”. You will see a pop-up window for saving the converted file and then clicking on “Publish” or “OK.” Then you will see a converted PDF copy of your letter.
Step 9: Try Other Free Online Google Docs Cover Letter Template Resources
You can also choose to download the required Google Docs free cover letter template from some online sources. They offer a variety of template options for you to choose from, just like Google Docs. Typically, these sources have a clickable button that allows you to download templates quickly and easily.
However, the process of downloading an external template to a Google app is different from the process of using an internal Google template. If you want to keep a copy of it online for future use, you will also need to upload the downloaded template to your Drive. Now you know how to download Google Docs cover letter templates, find jobs, business partners and hope that the network is easier for you.
We know that these processes are overwhelming, so technology companies can now offer simpler alternatives for more trivial tasks. Just follow the steps in our guide and you’ll be able to create a professional-looking cover letter as soon as possible. Get started with these Google Docs templates now so you can get apps, explore or connect!