You may be wondering whether you need a Tripod or a Monopod for your photography or vlogging gear. Monopod and Tripod are used for different purposes. Tripod will let you shoot longer exposures as compared to a monopod.
This article will discuss the difference between monopod and tripod to help you choose the best gear for vlogging or photography.
What is Monopod
A monopod is a single-legged tool, provides support and stability to the camera, It ensures capturing perfect photos.
Mostly monopods are made from either aluminum which is tough and corrosion resistant or Carbon which is much lighter than aluminum but is well steady.
The main advantage of monopods is its portability as they are light-weighted and are best for on the go photoshoots. The best monopod for a camera is Manfrotto Element Aluminum 5-Section Monopod.
What is Tripod
A tripod is a three-legged tool that allows better positioning of the camera for fine photography. It provides more stability to the camera than monopods.
All tripods have a different load-carrying capability with different height and area of utilization. Tripods will let your hands be free while shooting and take repeated shots of a particular view. All you need to do is to set up your camera while taking long exposures in a slow-speed shutter.
The best tripod for a phone is Sumcoo 53″ Extendable Cell Phone Tripod for iPhone/Android Phone/Gopros/DSLR Cameras.
It is made up of premium quality aluminum alloy with a flip-lock on each pad to provide better versatility with multiple functions i.e. extendibility, 3-way pan head to adjust angles, quick-release plate to install, and release your camera from the tripod in a few second, etc.
Difference Between Monopod and Tripod
- If you are a vlogger or action-video photographer then having a tripod is the best option based upon its stability.
- Ease of using monopod will buy you valuable time to speedily adjust your camera to capture fast-moving subjects in your lens i.e. fast-moving rabbit or deer.
- Tripod is highly durable than monopod due to its three-legged support system
- With tripods, you can take repeated shots of the same view in a slow-speed shutter whereas monopods don’t support this feature.
- Monopods are cheaper than Tripods,
- Monopods are highly portable than tripods.
- Monopods are best for event photography as it does not consume much space than to tripods.
To sum-up, we can say that vloggers utilize both in different ways. For vlogging or taking high-quality shots in slow-speed shutter or time-lapse shots, a tripod is the best choice for better stability to maintain consistency between each frame.
If you prefer mobility over stability then monopods is the best option due to its portability.