Canon Rebel T7 and T7i are digital cameras use for two different purposes. Both are entry-level digital single-lens reflex ( DSLR ) cameras featured with Built-in flash, external flash, high resolution, raw support, face detection, microphone support, and much more.
Canon T7 and T7i, Both have a maximum resolution of 24 megapixels.
T7i touch screen camera is slightly heavier than T7 and is the best camera for vlogging.
It is excellent for videography as it is provisioned with a 3″ fully articulated screen with 6 fps continuous shooting and a high ISO range from 100-25,600 (expandable up to 51,200) which makes it easy to capture sharp and quality content even in dim light.
On the other hand, Canon rebel T7 also known as Canon 2000D is best for photography.
Read the article till the end to better understand the difference between EOS rebel T7i and T7.
Canon Rebel T7 VS T7i
Eos Rebel T7i was launched in February 2017 and has replaced Canon T6i. Rebel T7i has a resolution of 24 megapixels with an APS-C sensor. T7i is also named Eos 800D or kiss X9i. Some splendid features of T7i are discussed below:
- ISO Range: Allows you to capture detailed images. Having a high ISO range allows you to have an image even in low light. Rebel T7i has an ISO range from 100-25,600 ( expandable up to 51,200).
- Burst Mode: Burst mode, also called continuous shooting mode is a shooting mode in cameras. With this feature, the photographer can capture several photos in quick succession. Rebel T7i provides 6.0 fps within a short time frame.
- Focus: Rebel T7i comes with 46 point auto-focus.
- Battery Life: The battery life of Canon rebel T7i gets 600 shots on a single charge.
- Built-in Flash: Help cameras to click photos in low lights by illuminating objects fairly close to the lens such as a couple of meters.
- Touch Screen: A touchscreen feature if rebel T7i allows user to use their fingers to access various functions of a camera.
- Microphone Port: A microphone jack is a small round outlet into which a microphone cord is plugged.
- Anti Flicker: High-frequency anti-flicker reduces uneven colors and exposures under the flickering light.
- Connectivity: It provides a Built-in wireless connection for better connectivity. Also, features with the NFC, Bluetooth connection to shift images from one device to another device.
- Raw support: They are unprocessed picture files and contains a large number of details, Rebel T7 adorned with JPEG format which is one of the main format for processing images.
Canon Rebel T7
Rebel T7 is an updated version of Canon EOS T6 and is also named Eos 2000D, It was introduced to the market in February 2018.
Canon Rebel T7 is the best light-weighted camera for photography concerning some of its prime features of a maximum resolution of 24 megapixels, built-in wifi, and Nfc technology.
Other features include APS-C CMOS Sensor, ISO range from 100-6400 (expandable up to 12800) allows you to get pictures even in low-light, built-in flash, external flash, HD resolution with the 9-point autofocus (AF), wireless connectivity, etc.
- The battery life of T7 gets 500 shots whereas T7i can take 600 shots on a single charge.
- The ISO range of Rebel T7i is 300% higher than Canon Rebel T7 viz T7i has a maximum ISO range of 51,200 whereas Canon T7 has an expanded range of 12800.
- Canon T7i can connect your camera to compatible devices via Bluetooth while T7 does not feature Bluetooth.
- Rebel T7i contains a microphone jack whereas T7 cannot record high-quality audio.
- T7i features a touch screen.
- T7i is 3.0 fps faster than T7.
- T7i has an auto focussing point of 45 AF, 36 times greater than T7.
ConclusionCanon T7i is an overall conqueror of this comparison . It has a higher overall Score and beats Canon T7 due to its various features incorporating a touch screen, maximum ISO range, color adjustment, better connectivity, etc.
The Canon T7i appears to have the 2.5mm jack on it for an external microphone whereas the rebel T7 seems to have no way to record audio. So, T7i is the best camera for those who are thinking about getting into vlogging.